School holidays aren’t all peachy, and they aren’t all bad either. The photos from school holidays remind you of the wonderful times that were had and the smiles that were shared. That’s not all the holidays are made of though. Let’s evaluate!
- Not having to make lunches every morning
- Pyjama days
- Slow(er) mornings
- Having time to do fun things
- Trying new playgrounds
- Having play dates
- Movie sessions
- Not having to nag 24/7
- Having time to go on a holiday
- Time for kiddy cuddles
- Making forever memories
- Your kids are mortal enemies around 50 times in a single day
- Holiday activities can add up quickly and get really expensive
- If you don’t go out, you all get cabin fever
- Bored kids = hungry kids, so the ‘I’m hungry’ is endless
- Your house is pretty much trashed for the entire holidays
- You need to try and find space for the 50 new toys they got for Christmas
- Some of those new toys take batteries, and they make noise
- If you do get to go away on a holiday, guaranteed you’ll feel like you need a holiday after you come home from your holiday
- If you work during the holidays you need to deal with vacation care costs, unless you work from home and in which case you need to do it with the constant noise and interruptions from your children
Is it really all that bad?
No. I still love school holidays. I love getting the chance to chill and play with my mini-me’s. It’s not always easy and some days I’m counting down the seconds until school starts again but for the most part the benefit outweighs the burden. How do you feel about the holidays?